Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jumping 7 months ahead...

We'll just ignore the fact that I haven't blogged in 7 months and move along as usual.

Let's see... the summer was good. Worked 6 days a week at Maddens normally, and then got moved to 5 days a week towards the end of the summer (thank goodness). Rick and I took advantage of his not having classes and just relaxed. After last semester for both of us, we really needed it.

Unfortunately, Matt and Cam left the duplex haven (but got a totally awesome house in Lake Highlands!!), and at the end of the summer, Nellie had to leave so I didn't kill both of my cat allergic roommates.

Diana and Chelsea are awesome, and we've already celebrated 2 of 3 birthdays! Soon to be the third in about a month. We're always cooking, and let's just say that we are not starving college students. Especially with me baking all the time. :)

I'm very much enjoying the time I have to read for myself, watch t.v. shows that I didn't really pay attention to last year, and just all around be happy with life. I'm more and more having the urge to get a dog, but that will have to wait until I move elsewhere and am a bit more able to care for another living being. For now, I can visit Rick's pup Winston at his parents' place.

So for the 3 or so readers that have probably abandoned hope that I would ever write again that haven't heard about my injuries, I'll sum up the last 5 months at Madden's- cut off the tip of my right middle finger, sliced through my right pointer finger with the lid of a can of crab and got 3 stitches, and, most recently, got a 2nd degree burn on my right wrist. I think my right arm will eventually boycott me and detach itself from my body. I'm apparently dangerous... to myself.

On a happier note, last weekend Rick, Rick's parents, my parents, and I all went to Galveston and enjoyed the weekend there relaxing, catching fish, and chasing ghost crabs. It was a lot of fun, and I think everyone involved had an enjoyable time. Many games of cribbage were played, and the competitive side of many came out when we played "rat's ass". So much fun. Too short of a weekend, but allowed me to relax a bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging again, Em. It is always fun to read about how you spend your days. :)

11/08/2007 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home